Dear Kroger Members
Throughout 2020, you have worked hard, sacrificed, and put your health and safety on the line.
Because of your hard work, and your commitment to your union, over the past years you have been able to negotiate wage increases, increases in paid vacation days, and affordable healthcare you control. Now, Kroger is determined to take that away – piece by piece.
Instead of restoring hazard pay for the risks you continue to take or negotiating with your bargaining team to reach a real agreement that protects your wages and benefits, Kroger is determined to make brutal cuts in the middle of a pandemic.
As you may have heard, Kroger says this is their “Last Best and Final Offer.” Truth be told, Kroger’s proposal should be called what it really is, a “Worst and Final Offer.”
Six facts that Kroger does not want you and your co-workers to know about their Worst and Final offer:
- Eliminates a number of full-time positions in a majority of stores
- Makes it harder for you to get wage increases
- Destroys your current healthcare by putting Kroger solely in charge of your costs and coverage
- Pays clerks less for jobs they’re asked to do
- Makes it harder to qualify for daily overtime
- Reduces paid vacation days for certain workers
The fact is that you and your co-workers negotiated the very wage and benefits Kroger now wants to destroy.
Given all that you do, don’t you think that you and your family deserve better than this?
To protect what you’ve earned and deserve, and to stop Kroger’s “Worst and Final Offer,” here is what you can do:
- Step 1: Make sure you are signed up for blast text alerts, so you are the first to know: Text ‘KrogerHOU’ to 83071 or click here and encourage your co-workers to sign up as well.
- Step 2: Protect your union healthcare by enrolling in your South Central fund today. Kroger members in Dallas, Louisiana, and Arkansas continue to enroll in this plan, there is no reason why you should not have the affordable healthcare you need.
- Step 3: Reach out to 2 Kroger co-workers and ask them to do the same.
- Step 4: And any time you hear something from Kroger, let us know by calling us at (281) 448-5555 and we will let you know what the real facts are.
We know these are stressful and difficult days. Your union is here for you. Most importantly, you have the power to make your job better and to change Kroger into a better employer.
Working together, we can and will change Kroger.
UFCW Local 455 President