Congratulations to our Pilgrim’s Pride Members On Successful Ratification Of Their Improved Union Contract!
Your Union and Pilgrim’s Pride reached an agreement to increase wages and improve overtime benefits for all bargaining unit employees. Here are some of the benefit improvements included in the new contract:
- Effective October 9th, 2022, all current production and maintenance rates will receive an increase of $1.50 per hour, retroactive to July 3rd, 2022. Company has 60 days to issue the retro pay.
- All production and maintenance rates will receive an increase of $.35 per hour on July 2nd, 2023, and July 7th, 2024.
- Added a $1.00 attendance incentive to all base rates for all hours worked in a week.
- Improved the daily overtime benefit from 10 hours to 9 in a single workday.
- Improved contract language requiring workers to work 21 consecutive days to 19.
- Resolved a general grievance concerning premium pay resulting in $80K in backpay for the workers that were affected.
Thanks to all of our hard-working members who supported the Union and their efforts in helping to secure this contract!