Congratulations to our Associated Grocers members on successful ratification of their improved union contract.
Your Union and Associated Grocers reached an agreement to increase wages, improve vacation and secured bonuses for all bargaining unit employees. Here are some of the benefit improvements included in the new contract:
- Secured pay increases for each year of the contract.
- Negotiated increases will be retro-active back to expiration of the contract (5/28/22).
- New bonus schedule for all workers with more than 6 months of service.
- The vacation scale reworked where employees can earn a 5th week after 25 years.
- Added language that allows 1 earned week of vacation to be rolled over for the following year for all workers who have remaining vacations at end of year.
- A bonus will be paid for every employee on the payroll as of ratification for years 2023. 2024, 2025 around Christmas time.
- Secured a $2 per hour premium for truck drivers that volunteer to train other workers.
- Secured a $1 per hour premium for warehouse workers that volunteer to train other workers.
- Increase break periods to drivers and warehouse workers.
Thanks to all of our hard-working members who supported the Union and their efforts in helping to secure this contract!